Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Blog

Well this is the very first time that I've ever blogged before. Usually I like to update Facebook, check my emails, etc, but I have never really thought about the use of blogging to keep up with my knitting projects. I started knitting during this past summer 2011. My fiancee and I went walking in downtown Pineville, NC and walked right into a small little yarn shop called " Rainy Day Yarn Shop". I talked with a very helpful and nice woman who worked in the store and bought my very first pair of knitting needles and some nice worsted weight yarn. I was inspired just by walking into the store; the colors, sizes, shapes, textures, possibilities were endless. They had all different types of pattern samples such as scarves, vests, sweaters, and things I didn't even know you could knit at home. Being an art student, it was very easy for me to get into the swing of things with knitting. I started knitting scarves, then made a hat, fingerless gloves and my most recent endeavor is working on a cowl by knitting in the round on a pair of circular needles. I'll post some of my original photos and patterns on here soon. Can't wait to do more knitting! It's so addicting =)

No comments:

Post a Comment